EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 025 SERIES OF 2016
AN EXECUTIVE ORDER REORGANIZING THE SMALL AND MEDIUM ENTERPRISE DEVELOPMENT (SMED) COUNCIL
WHEREAS, DILG Memorandum Circular No. 2002-107 dated July 10, 2002 enjoins all LGUs to organize their respective Small Medium Enterprise Development (SMED) Council;
WHEREAS, the development and promotion of local enterprises is vital to the economic growth of local government units;
NOW THEREFORE, I, CIELO KRISEL LAGMAN-LUISTRO, City Mayor of Tabaco City, by virtue of the powers vested in me by law, do hereby order as follows:
Chairman : -City Mayor Cielo Krisel Lagman-Luistro
Vice Chairman : -Marlon Cargullo, Chief EEMU
Members : -City Councilor Arnaldo Bragais
-Engr. Noel Bonaobra, OIC-CPDC
-Veronica Barrameda, City Treasurer
-Esther Calisin, OIC-CAO
-Marilyn Bonavente, DILG Officer
-Danilo S. Berces, PESO Designate
-Sarah Purisima Joers, Licensing Officer
-Zosimo Buenconsejo, TESDA Coordinator
-Eric Valeriano, City Tourism Officer Designate
Section 2. Functions. The SMED Council shall have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Help establish the needed environment and opportunities conducive to the growth and development of enterprise in the locality.
- Recommend to the Sanggunian all policy matters affecting business in the locality;
- Formulate a Local Enterprise Development Plan (LEDP) to be integrated into the Development Plan.
- Coordinate and integrate various government and private sector activities in the locality relating to enterprise development;
- Formulate, disseminate and advocate policies, principles in implementing guidelines in the development and promotion of local enterprise;
- Develop and provide appropriate services beneficial to the local.
Section 3. Effectivity. This Executive Order will take effect immediately.
DONE this 20th day of December, 2016 at the City of Tabaco, Province of Albay.
(Sgd.) CIELO KRISEL LAGMAN-LUISTRO