Section I. Invitation to Bid
Republic of the Philippines
Philippine Rural Development Project
Invitation to Bid for the
Rehabilitation/Improvement of Hacienda-Rawis FMR
Subproject ID No. PRDP-IB-R005-ALB-006-TAB-001-2017-AF
Loan No. 8816-PH
January 21, 2019
1. The Government of the Philippines (GoP) has received a Loan from the World Bank towards the cost of Philippine Rural Development Project and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this Loan to payments under the contract for the subproject Rehabilitation/Improvement of Hacienda-Rawis FMR with subproject Identification No. PRDP-IB-R005-ALB-006-TAB-001-2017-AF
2. The City of Tabaco, Albay, implementing partner of the Department of Agriculture, now invites bids for the Rehabilitation/Improvement of Hacienda -Rawis FMR. Completion of the Works required by 444 Calendar days. Bidders should have completed, within the last five (5) years, a contract similar to the Project. The description of an eligible bidder is contained in the Bidding Documents, particularly, in Section II. Instructions to Bidders.
3. Bidding will be conducted in accordance with relevant procedures for open competitive bidding as specified in the IRR of RA 9184 (R.A. 9184), with some amendments, as stated in these bidding documents and is open to all bidders from eligible source countries as defined in the applicable procurement guidelines of the World Bank. The contract shall be awarded to the Lowest Calculated Responsive Bidder (LCRB) who was determined as such during post-qualification. The Estimated Project Cost for this subproject is One Hundred Ninety-Eight Million Six Hundred Ninety-Nine Thousand Pesos, Php198,699,000.00.
4. Interested bidders may obtain further information from the Bids and Awards Committee of the City of Tabaco and inspect the Bidding Documents at the address given below and also at the PRDP Regional Project Coordination Office V (RPCO V) with address at Department of Agriculture, Regional Field Office V, San Agustin, Pili, Camarines Sur and at the PRDP South Luzon Project Support Office (PSO Luzon B) at 2nd Floor ITCAF Building, Department of Agriculture Compound, Elliptical Road, Diliman, Quezon City from 8:30am to 5:00pm, Mondays to Fridays.
5. A complete set of Bidding Documents may be purchased by interested Bidders starting January 21, 2019 from the address below, PRDP RPCO V or PRDP PSO Luzon B and upon payment or depositing to the LGU-TABACO LANDBANK Trust Fund Account Number 2782-1012-37 a non-refundable fee for the bidding documents in the amount of Five Thousand Pesos (PhP5,000.00). The LGU’s Treasurer official receipt or the bank teller’s validated deposit slip serves as your proof of payment.
It may also be downloaded free of charge from the website of the Philippine Government Electronic Procurement System (PhilGEPS) and the PRDP website prdp.da.gov.ph provided that bidders shall pay to the LGU’s Treasurer or deposit to the LGU’s bank account the non-refundable fee for the Bidding Documents not later than the submission of their bids.
As part of the transparency measures being instituted by the Department of Agriculture (DA) the bidders can virtually visit the site of the above-described subproject at prdp.da.gov.ph where geotagged base photographs on 50-meter interval and track are viewable. The DA, however, requires that all potential contractors who will be awarded contract under the project shall have undergone geotagging training provided by the PRDP Project Support Office.
6. The City Government of Tabaco, Albay will hold a Pre-Bid Conference on February 6, 2019 at 10:00 AM at the Multipurpose Hall, 5th Flr., Tabaco City Hall Annex Building, Tabaco City, Albay which shall be open to all interested parties.
7. Bids must be duly received by the BAC Secretariat at the address below on or before February 20, 2019 at 10:00 A.M. All bids must be accompanied by a Bid Securing Declaration.
Bids will be opened on February 20, 2019 at 10:00 A.M.at the Multipurpose Hall, 5th Flr., Tabaco City Hall Annex Building, Tabaco City, Albay. Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders’ representatives who choose to attend at the address below. Late bids shall not be accepted.
8. City of Tabaco, Albay reserves the right to accept or reject any bid, to annul the bidding process, and to reject all bids at any time prior to contract award, without thereby incurring any liability to the affected bidder or bidders.
9. For further information, please refer to:
The BAC Secretariat
Bids and Awards Committee
Office of the BAC, 2F Tabaco City Hall
Annex Bldg., Tabaco City
Trunk Line Nos. 487-5063/487-5796
(Sgd.)ATTY. JOVITO BRON CODERIS, JR.
Bidding Documents: PBD_Rehabilitation_Improvement of Hacienda-Rawis FMR
Detailed Engineering Designs, download at: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1tMWO4jX2rpsYC37deCoEhCJz6YoScfzN
For hard copies, you can pick up at the Office of the Bids and Awards Committee, LGU-Tabaco City, Albay upon payment of the bidding documents fee.