EXCERPTS FROM THE MINUTES OF THE 35TH REGULAR SESSION OF THE 6th SANGGUNIANG PANLUNGSOD BATCH 2016-2019 OF THE CITY OF TABACO HELD AT THE SESSION HALL, LOCATED AT THE SECOND FLOOR TABACO CITY HALL BUILDING ON MARCH 6, 2017.
Hon. Luis Renir B. Burce President Pro-Tempore & Member,
Hon. Sheina Marie C. Onrubia Floor Leader & Member
Hon. John Gio Ong-Bongao Member,
Hon. Roderick P. Martirez Member,
Hon. Arnaldo B. Bragais Member,
Hon. Raul Roi B. Borejon Member,
Hon. Oscar R. Rocha Member,
Hon. Julio C. Azada Chua, Jr. Member,
Hon. Hector D. Rodriguez Member, &
Hon. Odon B. Bobiles (Acting Pres., LMB) Member.
N O N E
On Official Business:
Hon. Nestor T. San Pablo City Vice Mayor & Presiding Officer.
Proponent: HON. RAUL ROI B. BOREJON
Co-Proponents: HON. SHEINA MARIE C. ONRUBIA
HON. HECTOR D. RODRIGUEZ
City Ordinance No. 015- 2017
AN ORDINANCE ADOPTING THE OFFICIAL SEAL OF THE SANGGUNIANG PANLUNGSOD OF TABACO CITY, REGULATING ITS USE AND PROVIDING PENALTY FOR VIOLATIONS THEREOF.
WHEREAS, under Section 457 of the Local Government Code of 1991, to wit: “The Sangguniang Panlungsod, the legislative body of the city, shall be composed of the City Vice Mayor as the Presiding Officer, the regular Sanggunian members, the president of the city chapter of the Liga ng mga Barangay, the president Sangguniang Kabataan City Federation, and the sectoral representatives, as members”;
WHEREAS, the Sanggunian has evolved and emerged to be a dynamic body that focuses not just on local legislation but also in the meaningful exercise of local autonomy and effective and efficient delivery of basic services;
WHEREAS, adopting an official seal for the Office of the Sangguniang Panlungsod serves the purpose of having a concrete symbol of its authority as well as a constant reminder of the duties and responsibilities of its officials and employees as defined under the Local Government Code, other laws, rules and regulations affecting local governance and public service;
NOW THEREFORE, BE IT ORDAINED by the Sangguniang Panlungsod of Tabaco City that:
Section 1. TITLE. This Ordinance shall be known as “AN ORDINANCE ADOPTING THE OFFICIAL SEAL OF THE SANGGUNIANG PANLUNGSOD OF TABACO CITY, REGULATING ITS USE AND PROVIDING PENALTIES FOR VIOLATIONS THEREOF.”.
Section 2. THE SANGGUNIANG PANLUNGSOD OFFICIAL SEAL.
- THE OFFICIAL SEAL
- SYMBOLISM. The Official Seal of the Sangguniang Panlungsod of Tabaco shows the image of the following:
MAYON VOLCANO: Mayon Volcano is the iconic landmark of Albay province. Tabaco City is one of the places in Albay which shares the area where Mayon Volcano is geographically located. Mayon Volcano symbolizes the beauty of Tabaco City and the hospitality of its people.
THE GAVEL: The gavel is indispensable in the exercise of the legislative power of the Sangguniang Panlungsod. It is a symbol of the authority and right to act officially in the capacity of a chair or presiding officer. It is used to call for attention or to punctuate rulings and proclamation. It is customarily struck to indicate the opening (call to order), keep the session or meeting itself calm and orderly, and the closing or adjournment of proceedings, meeting or session. The gavel reminds every member of the Sanggunian of their duties and responsibilities as legislators.
THE MANUSCRIPT: The manuscript is the representation of the Philippine Constitution, Republic Act 7160 or the Local Government Code of 1991 as well as the other laws, rules and regulations that serve as the guide of the Sangguniang Bayan in coming with effective local legislation. The Sanggunian Panlungsod is committed to pass legislative measures that are based both on moral and legal convictions.
THE CITY HALL: The representation of the City Hall symbolizes the commitment of the Sanggunian to work in partnership with the Local Chief Executive and other departments of the LGU in order bring more progress and development to the City. The Sangguniang Panlungsod shall co-exist with other departments and agencies in the promotion of the welfare of the people.
“In aliorum servitium” MMXVI: The Latin phrase “in aliorum servitium” means service above self. This is the guiding philosophy of the Sangguniang Panlungsod. The members of the sanggunian work together not for self- aggrandizement but for the people whose welfare should be on top of the Sanggunian’s agenda. The Roman Numerals indicates the year of adoption of the official of the Sanggunian.
Section 3. USE OF SANGGUNIANG PANLUNGSOD SEAL. Only the Office of the Sangguniang Panlungsod and its local officials and employees shall use the corporate seal:
- To authenticate all public documents and other administrative issuances.
- As letterhead in official communication or correspondence in the exercise of the Sanggunian’s legislative and other function;
- To be affixed upon such other official documents, plates and papers of the Office of the Sangguniang Panlungsod of Tabaco as may be provided by a Sanggunian resolution or ordinance, or as may be required by custom or usage;
- As symbol of the Sanggunian in all its affairs within or outside of its territorial jurisdiction.
- To be affixed upon Sanggunian pins, service rings, stickers or be embroidered and affixed upon the uniforms of Sanggunian officials and employees.
Section 4. CUSTODY OF THE ORIGINAL LAY – OUT OF THE SEAL. The Office of the Sangguniang Panlungsod shall have custody of the original lay-out or draft of the Official Seal of the Sangguniang Panlungsod of Tabaco, scanned and saved in a computer or in a disc.
Section 5. PROHIBITED ACTS. It shall be prohibited:
- To mutilate, deface, defile, trample on, or cast contempt by any act or omission casting dishonor or ridicule upon the official seal;
- To display the seal under any frame or picture;
- To display the seal in a platform or stage during programs not hosted by the City Government of Tabaco;
- To add any word, figure, mark, picture, design, drawings, advertisements, or imprint of any nature on the seal;
- To print, paint or attach representation of the seal on handkerchief, napkins, cushions, and other articles of merchandise except upon authority of the sanggunian through a resolution for the purpose of promoting tourism and legislative education which shall be under the control and supervision of the Sangguniang Panlungsod;
- To use or display the seal as part of any advertisement or infomercial, except when undertaken by the Sangguniang Panlungsod itself;
- To use the official Sangguniang Panlungsod seal as personal seal of any local official including the City Vice Mayor by indicating the name or position within the ring border of the seal.
Section 6. CHANGE IN THE DESIGN OF THE CORPORATE SEAL. Any change in the design of the seal provided herein, without changing the entire design shall be made only for a justifiable reason, not more than once every ten (10) years and by a unanimous vote of all the members of the Sangguniang Panlungsod.
Section 7. PERMANENT DISPLAY OF CARVED CORPORATE SEAL. As a sign of authority, there shall be made two (2) carved official seals of Sangguniang Panlungsod of Tabaco either in wood, stone, brass, clay or other medium. They shall be permanently attached/displayed at the Office of the City Vice Mayor and at the SP Session Hall. These shall be in bigger sizes proportionate with the wall or room, and placed in an elevated, centermost dominant position.
Section 8. THE DRY SEAL OF THE OFFICE OF THE SANGGUNIANG PANLUNGSOD OF TABACO. There shall be adopted in the Office of the Sangguniang Panlungsod of Tabaco a dry seal in authenticating public documents or administrative issuances, a dry seal containing the official seal of the Sangguniang Panlungsod illustrated as follows:
- The name of the Office of the Sangguniang Panlungsod shall occupy the top portion of the ring border while the bottom shall indicate the name of the City.
- The dry seal shall not be used as personal seal of the officials and employees of the Sangguniang Panlungsod. (g. the text SP Member Juan de la Cruz indicated within the ring border of the seal is not allowed).
- The Secretary of the Sanggunian shall have custody and care of the dry seal, and shall:
- designate an official and exclusive place for the dry seal in the Office of the Sangguniang Panlungsod;
- task a subordinate in affixing and safekeeping the dry seal.
- The affixing of the seal on documents shall be done within the office and during
office hours, hence, dry seal shall not be used outside the office and beyond office hours.
- Dry seal shall be kept and secured inside the office after office hours.
Section 9. PENAL CLAUSE.
- Any person who commits the prohibited acts shall be meted a fine of One Thousand Pesos (₱ 1,000.00) or imprisonment for ten (10) days, or both such fine and imprisonment at the discretion of the court; provided that for any second and succeeding offenses, both fine and imprisonment shall be imposed;
- Any person who violates any provision of this ordinance, other than the prohibited acts shall be meted a fine of Five Hundred Pesos (₱ 00) or imprisonment for three (3) days, or both such fine and imprisonment at the discretion of the court; provided that for any second and succeeding offenses, both fine and imprisonment shall be imposed.
- Any public officer or employee who violates any provision of this ordinance shall be subject to reprimand, discipline, suspension or any administrative liability depending on the gravity of the offense, without prejudice to the filing of appropriate civil or criminal action;
- Any person affixing the dry seal on any document without the knowledge and consent of the City Vice Mayor or Secretary to the Sanggunian, or destroying the dry seal shall be meted a fine of Five Hundred Pesos (₱ 00) or imprisonment of three (3) days or both fine and imprisonment at the discretion of the court; without prejudice to the filing of the appropriate civil or criminal action. Provided however, that persons who destroy the dry seal aside from the penalty shall immediately replace the destroyed dry seal.
Section 10. SEPARABILITY CLAUSE. In the event any part or portion of this ordinance is declared to be illegal, unconstitutional or invalid, those parts or portions thereof which are not affected thereby shall continue to be effective and enforceable.
Section 11. REPEALING CLAUSE. Any prior ordinance in conflict or inconsistent with this ordinance shall be deemed repealed or amended accordingly.
Section 12. EFFECTIVITY CLAUSE. This ordinance shall take effect after complying with the requirements as to posting and publication as provided for under Section 59 of RA 7160.
We hereby certify to the correctness of the foregoing Ordinance.
RAUL ROI B. BOREJON SHEINA MARIE C. ONRUBIA
HECTOR D. RODRIGUEZ LUIS RENIR B. BURCE
Co-Proponent President Pro-Tempore
GLENDA B. PANTI
Secretary to the Sangguniang Panlungsod
CIELO KRISEL LAGMAN-LUISTRO